During those long winter months, I keep my feet stuffed in fuzzy socks and boots and I don’t give a lot of thought to how they look. But now that warm weather is here, it’s time to start getting my feet flip flop ready for summer.
Today I’m going to share some tips with you that will not only help you get flip flop ready, but they’ll also keep you in perfect flip flop shape all summer long.
Disclaimer: this article contains affiliate links which means that if you click one and then make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my business!
5 Tips to Get Your Feet Flip Flop Ready for Summer
- Start with a pedicure. It’s not necessary to spend a lot of money getting a pedi at a salon (although if you want to, you do you!). You can give yourself a great pedicure right there in the comfort of your own bathroom. Check out this helpful infographic to see just how easy it is to treat yourself to a little self-care at home.
- Take care of rough spots and callouses between pedicures with the amazing Amopé Pedi Perfect. It’s crazy effective on rough, dry feet, and it takes only a moment to use. This is a must-have tool for any at-home pedicure kit.
- Use a foot mask once a week. Lush makes a miracle product called the Volcano Mask. It’s super effective because it contains pumice, and it’s so great at softening the skin on your feet. Weirdly enough, it also contains tomatoes and papaya. It’s a little bit on the pricey side but trust me, it will change your life.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! During the summer months when my feet are in flip flops or sandals every day, I am a lotion fiend! I love the Anderson Lilley Sicilian Tangerine, and when you smell it, you will, too. I rub it on my feet in the morning and at night, and the scent just takes me away to a tropical paradise!
- Clip your nails and cuticles with care. For smooth, even cuticles, apply a remover like Sally Hansen’s Instant Cuticle Remover and then push back the cuticle. Cut nails straight across to prevent ingrown toenails.
Taking care of your feet is a ongoing summer-long task that reaps benefits as soon as you slip on those flip flops. If you’re anything like me, I know you love how great your feet look when you take care of them.
What is your best tip for getting feet flip flop ready for summer? I’d love for you to leave a comment below!